Table of Contents
Education Technology in South Africa – its time for an EdTech Centre
In the ever-evolving landscape of offering education in the 21st century, Education Technology (EdTech) has taken the front seat in ensuring that South African students have access to quality education that prepares them for the future. The myriad of hardware and software solutions currently on offer are of course essential in the recipe to successfully growing with the times to improve teaching and learning outcomes, address inequality, and enhance efficiency across all nature of education institutions.
Having access to live demonstrations and workshops is crucial for education institutions in South Africa, to keep up with the latest technological developments and understand how to implement, use, and roll out the new age of education tools. Attending a demonstration that show the merits of the hardware and software – live – affords a valuable opportunity to all departments in education to see first-hand the latest innovations and advancements on offer, from early foundation phases right through to higher education. By experiencing the technology in action, they can gain a better understanding of how it works, and how it can be integrated into their curriculum.
Why visit an EdTech centre before making acquisition decisions?
Here are 5 reasons why education departments should visit an EdTech Centre to see the most cutting-edge hardware and software for modern classroom teaching:
- Hands-on experience: A live demo provides the opportunity to see and interact with the technology first-hand. This hands-on experience allows you to understand how the technology works, its features and functions, and how it can benefit your classroom.
- Better decision-making: Visiting a demo of EdTech hardware and software can help you make informed decisions about which tools are best suited for your classroom needs. By seeing the technology in action, you can compare different options, understand their benefits and limitations, and choose the best fit for your curriculum.
- Improved teaching practices: Seeing the latest EdTech hardware and software can inspire teachers to adopt new teaching practices that better engage students and improve learning outcomes. Demos can showcase new teaching techniques and innovative approaches that teachers can incorporate into their lesson plans.
- Customisation: Some EdTech solutions are customisable, meaning you can tailor them to fit your specific classroom needs. Visiting a demo allows you to understand how the technology can be customised to better fit your curriculum and teaching style.
- Ongoing support: Attending a demo can also provide you with access to ongoing support, such as training, maintenance, and troubleshooting. This support can help ensure that you get the most out of your investment and that the technology continues to meet your classroom needs.
EduBoard’s brand new EdTech Centre in Gauteng
EduBoard has recently added an up-to-date EdTech Centre and showroom to their head office in Centurion. EduBoard realises that to provide the opportunity for education departments to advance with the latest innovations and advancements in educational technology and make the leap towards the future, they need to experience the technology in action. This will afford them to gain a better understanding of how it works, and how it can be integrated into their curriculum.
EduBoard’s EdTech showroom can help education departments make informed decisions about the technology they invest in. With so many options available, it can be challenging to know which technologies are best suited to their needs. By visiting the EdTech Centre, they can compare different technologies, like projector-based Interactive whiteboards and interactive LED panels side-by-side and make more informed decisions about what to invest in.
EduBoard is all about inspiring education departments to embrace new technologies in their teaching, such as coding and robotics, interactive whiteboard solutions and educational software. The showroom showcases a wide range of technologies that can enhance the learning experience for students. By seeing these technologies in action, educators can become more motivated to integrate technology into their teaching practices.
The training and support on offer through the EdTech Centre, is a massive step up to bridge the gap in understanding the new wave of tools at our disposal, through the live demonstrations and workshops on offer. Learn how to use the technology effectively, troubleshoot any issues that arise, and receive ongoing support to ensure you get the most out of their investment.
Visiting EduBoard’s EdTech showroom can be an invaluable experience for all departments in the education landscape looking to modernise their teaching practices. By seeing the most cutting-edge hardware and software in action, they can make informed decisions, become inspired to integrate new technologies. The provision of training and professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators including workshops (coming soon), seminars (coming soon), and other events designed to help educators learn how to use new technologies effectively in the classroom are what makes EduBoard offering so unique and valuable.